Monday, May 7, 2012

Week 19 - Provident Pantry

Morning,
This morning, as I ate my oatmeal for breakfast, I realized that we had worked on storing our cold cereal earlier, but had not yet addressed the hot cereal. So let's take that on for our goal this week.
It looks like most of you have some variation of oatmeal in your ingredient lists. Some of you like the individual packets. Others of you prefer the bulk. Some of you like regular rolled oats. Some of you like the "prepare in 1 minute variety". It is all good. Because there is so much variation in preferences, there is also a lot of variation in expenditure.
We will schedule "Hot Cereal" for 3 weeks. So if there are other hot cereals you want to put in your 3 month storage, feel free. Some of you will have (or be working on adding) rolled oats in your long term storage that can double here for your 3 month storage, so if you want to take these 3 weeks to work on adding items your family normally adds to their oatmeal, i.e. brown sugar and raisins, feel free.
Whatever your approach, let's use these 3 weeks to make sure we have enough hot cereal for our families in our 3 month supplies.
When I was a child, my mother used to assure me that eating my oatmeal in the morning would keep me warm and make me a better student. When I was an adult, my father used to assure me that eating my oatmeal would lower my cholesterol. Either way, it was good for me.
May you life be filled with good things today.
Love,
Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment